Annoucement from the Florida Developmental Disabilities Council
The deadline for Partners in Policymaking applications for the 2010 class has been
extended to April 1, 2010.
Click here http://www.fddc.org/news/pip-application-form for an application.
· Partners in Policymaking is a leadership and advocacy training program that
teaches self-advocates and family members to be community leaders and how to obtain the best available services for themselves and others.
· Based on a national model, the overall goal of Partners is to develop productive partnerships between people who need and use services and those in a position to make policy and law.
For more information about Partners in Policymaking visit http://www.fddc.org/
The dates for the 2010 Partners in Policymaking program are as follows:
*Friday and Saturday, June 11 and 12 in Orlando
* Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, July 16, 17, and 18 in Orlando
* Friday and Saturday, August 13 and 14 in Orlando
* Friday and Saturday, September 10 and 11 in Orlando
* Tuesday and Wednesday, October 12 and 13 in Tallahassee
* Friday and Saturday, November 12 and 13 in Orlando